The Molecular Biology Facility supports investigators in their research endeavors by providing high quality services, collaborative project potential and access to state of the art technology. Current routine services include DNA sequencing, site-directed mutagenesis, recombination-mediated genetic engineering, plasmid preparations and distributing clones/vectors from our in house collections. We also support real time quantitative PCR through instrument training, troubleshooting and experimental design.
Stowers researchers also have access to the latest next-generation sequencing and microarray technologies within our facility. We have an Illumina Genome Analyzer IIx platform and can assist with high-throughput genome-sequencing, RNA-seq and ChIP-seq projects. We currently support commercially available Affymetrix and Agilent microarray platforms. Common microarray experiments include ChIP- chip, array CGH, and expression applications.
We utilize liquid handling and colony manipulation robots to automate many of our services and improve quality. In addition, we provide automation expertise and collaborate with researchers on custom automation projects. Examples of collaborative automation projects include large-scale yeast synthetic lethal screens and generation of a histone alanine-scanning library.
- ABI 3730 DNA Analyzers (2)
- Biomek® FX Liquid Handling Robots (2)
- Tecan Freedom EVO Liquid Handling Robot
- Qpix2 Colony Picking Robot
- Singer RoTor HDA robot
- Hydra II Microdispenser
- CAS 4200 PCR Setup Robot
- QIAgility PCR Setup Robot
- ABI 7500 Real Time System
- ABI 7900HT Real Time System
- Maxwell 16 Instrument for nucleic acid and protein purification
- Caliper Labchip 90 System
- Agilent BioAnalyzer
- Affymetrix GeneChip® Scanner 3000
- Affymetrix GeneChip Fluidics Station 450
- Agilent Array Scanner
- Illumina Genome Analyzer IIx and Cluster Station
- Spectramax M2e Microplate reader
- Matrical Bioscience SonicMan Plate Sonicator
- MJ Research Tetrad® Thermocyclers (4)
For more information, please contact: