The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for an Accounting Specialist who will perform a variety of accounting functions including processing payroll and expense reports for 500+ employees, accounts payable, invoicing and accounts receivables, for multiple companies.
This position will be responsible for the full cycle of payroll processing while maintaining accounts payable processing accomplished through various payment methods, and record and reconcile incoming payments. The candidate is a member of the Accounting team and will report to the Accounting Operations Manager.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for payroll function for 500+ employees in a multiple company environment through ADP.
- Maintain confidentiality related to personnel.
- Support accounting functions related to billings and receivables, general account analysis and reconciliations, data entry, production of statements and reports, and other bookkeeping activities.
- Adherence to all policies for disbursements, receivables, expense report, and travel.
- Collaborate with the Purchasing department to resolve issues.
- Input invoices accurately and timely.
- Process weekly disbursements.
- Support annual 1099 processing.
- Superior computer skills including Excel proficiency and experience working with ERP platforms.
- Test software updates.
- Provide documents for audit requests.
- Various ad-hoc projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter willing to commit the required effort to accomplish objectives and identify opportunities. Candidates should demonstrate solid problem-solving skills with the ability to think “outside the box” and innovatively. The ability to effectively prioritize one’s workload and manage changes in direction and priority is essential. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product will be vital. Successful candidates will be a team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field.
- Experience processing payroll through ADP required.
- CPP certification or experience with foreign nation payroll taxation a plus.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in working with general ledger and accounts payable and following established policies and best practices.
- Prior not-for-profit experience is preferred but not required.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter