The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for an individual to fill an Administrative Assistant role supporting multiple scientific research laboratories.
- A variety of administrative duties associated with the activities of a busy research laboratory environment
- Ordering and purchasing for the lab
- Submitting expense reports, receipts, reimbursements and billing
- Arranging domestic and international travel, conference registrations, speaking engagements, etc.
- Assisting with conference and meeting organization
- Maintaining the calendar and scheduling meetings as requested
- Organizing/scheduling lab meetings, journal clubs, individual meetings (in-person and virtual) for lab members
- Serving as a liaison for the lab members
- Coordinating the Principal Investigator and lab member collaborative meetings on different projects
- Organizing visitor meetings and seminars for invited speakers
- Assistance with composing and editing of correspondence, including letters of recommendation and other essential documents as requested
- Assisting in research grant preparation for submission to granting agencies
- Maintaining files and records for efficient operations
- Handling shipping through FedEx and USPS and distribution of mail to lab members
- Serves as a backup administrative assistant to other Investigators as needed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be a self-starter willing to commit the required effort to accomplish objectives and identify opportunities and will possess a positive “can-do” attitude. Candidates should demonstrate outstanding communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product will be vital. A successful candidate will be a team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude, including flexibility and patience.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (including but not limited to business, communications, English, or Biology) or equivalent relevant experience
- At least three years of experience providing administrative support in a demanding office environment with progressive responsibilities
- Advanced experience using various office software applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in English writing and editing
- Ability to work on-site with some flexibility
Submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter