The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for an individual to fill an Administrative Assistant role supporting multiple scientific research laboratories.
- A variety of administrative duties associated with the activities of a busy research laboratory environment
- Ordering and purchasing for the lab
- Submitting expense reports, receipts, reimbursements and billing
- Arranging domestic and international travel, conference registrations, speaking engagements, etc.
- Assisting with conference and meeting organization
- Maintaining the calendar and scheduling meetings as requested
- Organizing/scheduling lab meetings, journal clubs, individual meetings (in-person and virtual) for lab members
- Serving as a liaison for the lab members
- Coordinating the Principal Investigator and lab member collaborative meetings on different projects
- Organizing visitor meetings and seminars for invited speakers
- Assistance with composing and editing of correspondence, including letters of recommendation and other essential documents as requested
- Assisting in research grant preparation for submission to granting agencies
- Maintaining files and records for efficient operations
- Handling shipping through FedEx and USPS and distribution of mail to lab members
- Serves as a backup administrative assistant to other Investigators as needed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be a self-starter willing to commit the required effort to accomplish objectives and identify opportunities and will possess a positive “can-do” attitude. Candidates should demonstrate outstanding communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product will be vital. A successful candidate will be a team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude, including flexibility and patience.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (including but not limited to business, communications, English, or Biology) or equivalent relevant experience
At least three years of experience providing administrative support in a demanding office environment with progressive responsibilities
Advanced experience using various office software applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Zoom, etc.
Demonstrated excellence in English writing and editing
Ability to work on-site with some flexibility
Submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter