Associate Scientist - REQID0002004
Job ID: REQID0002004
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for an Associate Scientist to join our Histology Facility and provide high-quality research histology services to scientific laboratories as needed.
- Actively participating in project discussions
- Assisting collaborative research projects with advanced and emerging molecular histology technologies to locate protein and RNA molecules in situ on sections or whole mount samples
- Executing, troubleshooting, and updating existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Writing reports, manuscripts and presenting experimental outcomes
- Providing advice, training and service to collaborative research projects
- Assisting with new technology development within the team
- Operating all equipment/instruments and performing daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Keeping records and experiment logs
- Assisting with lab maintenance, sample triage, processing, embedding, sectioning and staining
Successful candidates will have the ability to pay close attention to detail, be self-motivated, have a team-oriented approach for customer service, be proficient at problem solving, work independently and creatively, and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A Ph. D degree in life science or a relevant field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Candidates with considerable experience in molecular histology techniques such as immunostaining and in situ hybridization is preferred.
- It is also preferred but not required to have a year of histotechnology experience.
Submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current CV
- One-page Cover Letter