The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a full-time Benefits Manager in the Finance Department. This position is responsible for managing the administration of all benefit and retirement programs. The selected candidate will be a valued member of the Finance and Accounting team and will report to the Vice President of Finance.
- Advise, counsel, assist and educate employees on benefit inquiries.
- Manage open enrollment process and conduct employee benefit informational meetings.
- Conduct benefit orientation, enroll new employees, and provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Effectively interpret FMLA implications as they relate to leave of absences/disabilities.
- Evaluate and manage vendors, consultants, and third-parties. Partner with vendors to take advantage of free or low-cost programs geared toward employee wellness.
- Lead the documentation and execution of annual retirement audits.
- Oversee retirement funding calculation and administration.
- Review HRIS benefit system to plan rules, premium update, plan changes, work processes and calculation changes, for all employee groups.
- Develop, recommend, and implement changes in administration of employee benefits and strategy planning for benefit plans.
- Create and communicate programs with proactive wellness initiatives i.e. wellness programs, lifestyle changes, etc. Partner with healthcare or wellness providers to create programs, incentives, informational literature, etc. to create opportunities for employees to become healthier.
- Manage a Benefits Specialist including training, performance evaluations, quality assurance, and implementing new administrative processes.
- Provide expertise and insight to senior leadership on employee benefit programs.
- Make recommendations for enhancements and/or changes to the organization’s employee benefit package.
- Ensure administrative compliance with numerous federal and regulatory requirements relative to employee benefit and retirement plans.
- Partner with a variety of teams and departments throughout the Institute to provide the best service to each member of the Institute.
- Other similar responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- 8-10 years’ experience managing benefits administration
- Working knowledge of benefits legal and regulatory issues pertaining to FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ERISA, etc.
- Experience with ERP benefit systems, particularly with ADP Benefits, a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior not-for-profit experience preferred
- A self-starter willing to commit the required effort to accomplish objectives and identify opportunities
- A team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude, including flexibility, patience, and a service mentality
- An out-of-box innovative thinker, willing to make suggestions for change
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
To apply, please submit the requested documents to email@example.com or Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter