Deep Learning Internship - REQID0002042
Job ID: REQID0002042
The Stowers Institute has an internship opportunity for a Deep Learning Specialist to join our Computational Biology team and assist biological data analysis. We are seeking an intellectually curious and motivated individual who will thrive in a collaborative and biology-driven team environment. The chosen candidate will develop and optimize multiple machine learning models using public and in-house multi-omics data. This is a multi-disciplinary role where strong communication, collaboration, and time management skills are essential.
- Survey current machine learning and deep learning tools used in different biological areas (e.g. regulatory genomics, single-cell genomics, etc.) and evaluate their performances and ease of use.
- Develop optimized pipelines for efficient data pre-processing.
- Speed up training deep learning models using CPU and GPU clusters.
- Summarize and communicate findings to researchers with multi-disciplinary backgrounds.
- Major in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, or a related discipline.
- General knowledge with next generation sequencing data analysis.
- Experience of machine learning and deep learning methods. Knowledge of deep learning applications in biology is a plus.
- Experience working with a machine learning framework such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Keras.
- Coding in Python or R.
- Experience working with Linux compute clusters.
- Submit the requested documents to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current CV or Resume
- Two letters of references