Environmental Health & Safety Technician - REQID0002155
Environmental Health & Safety|
Job ID: REQID0002155
The Stowers Institute is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Technician to support the Institute by performing daily operational activities to enhance and promote a safe environment for all members, guests, visitors, and contractors. The selected candidate will work to support a comprehensive environmental, health and safety program.
- Responding to and performing day to day operational maintenance of the tasks set forth in the Stowers Institute Environmental, Health and Safety programs and procedures, including waste handling, radiation safety, inspections, chemical safety, and building maintenance and construction safety.
- Providing support across all waste stream management processes (ie: Biological Waste Pick-ups, Treatment and Disposal; Chemical Waste Handling / Disposal; Radioactive Waste Handling; eWaste Handling; Manifest Tracking / Waste Tag processing; Wastewater Sampling)
- Providing support for all radiation safety management processes including contamination surveys, maintenance of the common radioisotope lab, dosimetry program and laser safety.
- Inspections of laboratories, plant engineering and maintenance spaces, etc.
- Providing support for all chemical safety management processes including SDS processing and chemical tracking system support.
- Providing support for all building maintenance and construction safety management processes including electrical safety, confined spaces, fall protection, forklift safety, and inspections.
- Actively serve on EH&S committee.
- Actively serve on Stowers Emergency Response Team.
- Support and participate in all EH&S training efforts and audit processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in working with internal and external business partners. The ability to interact professionally with members at all levels, effectively prioritize the workload, manage changes in direction and priority, and display meticulous attention to detail and accuracy will be vital. A team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude and capability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner is essential.
- A Degree in an Environmental, Health and Safety field or relevant program or equivalent EH&S experience working in a scientific environment.
- HAZWOPER Certification, First Aid / CPR / AED Certifications, and DOT Training preferred, but we will provide the training if necessary.
- Ability to work accurately and with necessary attention to detail with little direct supervision.
Submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter