The Stowers Institute has an opening for a General Maintenance Engineer to maintain and keep mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems operational at all times. This position is four 10 hour shifts per week.
- Responding to service calls for issues regarding temperature, lighting, etc.
- General mechanical repairs such as greasing motors
- Replacing air handler filters, belts, and pumps
- Electrical repairs which could include replacing lamps and ballasts, defective switches and outlets
- Repairing plumbing including leaks and clearing of drain lines and toilets
- Maintaining and/or repairing boilers, chillers and other a/c equipment, testing water treatment levels and adding appropriate chemicals, or blowing down and testing safety valves on boilers
- Cleaning of mechanical areas such as the boiler room, maintenance shop, and mechanical areas to include painting of piping and equipment
- Utilizing the Johnson Controls Metasys building automation system to monitor and control the Institute’s mechanical and electrical systems
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have excellent customer relations skills, good written and oral communication skills, the ability to effectively work independently and in a team-oriented environment, an excellent work history to reflect reliability and attention to detail, and a good working knowledge of equipment repair and maintenance.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A Missouri class “A” Operating Engineers License
- Knowledge of Johnson Controls Metasys system is preferred
Application Instructions: To be considered for this position, please submit the requested documents careers[at]stowers.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter