Laboratory Technician I - REQID0002052
Fly Food Facility
Job ID: REQID0002052
The Stowers Institute Lab Services group is seeking a Laboratory Technician I. The candidate will support labs throughout the Institute with general service tasks. The primary focus of work will be in the Fly Food Facility with a secondary focus within the Labor Share Group. This position will ensure that daily needs and request are taken care of and general maintenance of common areas are completed.
Primary focus will be in Fly Food Facility including tasks such as:
- Ability to manage fly food equipment.
- Calculate supplies and ingredients needed to prepare media.
- Maintain Fly Food supplies, stock, and ordering schedule.
- Document the orders, processes, and batches by maintaining logs and records.
- Resolves problems by evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Adhere to standard and safety procedures.
- Order and purchase supplies when needed.
- Help maintain fly food orders and sends updates upon delivering.
- Assemble and prepare bottle and vial trays.
- All miscellaneous duties/tasks as assigned.
Candidate can work within the Labor Share department when there is a need. Ability to work in one or more of the following areas and has been trained on the following:
- Glasswash: Trained on various tasks including sorting, take back, tearing foil, and processing velvets and tubes.
- Renovations: Trained on various tasks including site cleaning, trash removal and moving of equipment/benches.
- Receiving: Trained on various tasks including delivering packages and delivering/collecting the mail.
Successful candidates will have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide a high level of customer service. Flexibility in day to day tasks is essential. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to follow through on tasks in an efficient timely manner but also maintain high standards and a team-oriented mindset.
- Minimum high school diploma and experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to work assigned schedule: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday-Friday
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Demonstration of flexibility regarding assigned tasks and functions depending on need of departments in order to support the scientific labs
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift 30lbs and move 50lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to stand for long durations of time, with or without reasonable accommodation
To apply, please submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Updated Resume
- Cover Letter