The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Materials Management Coordinator. This position will aid with purchasing and receiving activities in a highly automated, multicompany environment.
- Procuring supplies, materials, equipment, and services as required for all Institute departments
- Assisting in Scientific Vending area with monitoring and ordering stock, and ensuring that end-users have available products as needed
- Processing purchase requisitions
- Compiling data for and producing reports outlining purchases and overdue items
- Maintaining current knowledge of new products and market trends
- Maintaining effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ensuring that materials received are accurately inspected, received, and delivered in a cost effective and timely manner
- Assisting with off-loading supplies and equipment
- Staging and delivering items to appropriate departments or laboratories
- Sorting, collecting, and delivering mail
- Resolving receiving discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be able to maintain a high level of attention to detail, be able to show a demonstrated record of successful customer service, have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and prior experience with computerized receiving systems.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year experience in purchasing or a similar area
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is highly preferred
- Preference will be shown to candidates with least three years’ experience in receiving and distribution, knowledge of procurement rules and regulations, familiarity with accounts payable and receivable procedures and practices, and a demonstrated record of successful customer service
Submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter