The Stowers Institute has an opening for an Application Programmer to provide expertise around the daily operation and development of SharePoint serving the needs the organization at large as part of our Intranet solution.
Additionally, the developer will work within a software development life cycle framework (Agile) to participate in the planning and prioritization of work within the team’s sprint cycle.
Importantly, the developer will be in a user/customer facing role working directly with users and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience and user training that facilitates positive interactions with for the intranet and team.
- Designing, developing, documenting, and deploying Modern SharePoint solutions and apps
- Providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective procedures and systems requirements that meet business needs
- Researching, testing, building, and coordinating the conversion and/or integration of new products based on Institute requirements
- Addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Maintaining SharePoint farms and service applications at the enterprise level
- Configuring and maintaining SharePoint site artifacts such as site collections, sites, document libraries, lists, and pages
- Evaluating and recommending application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Working with the development team using agile/scrum methodologies to develop and deliver applications
Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Additional Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with modern SharePoint
- HTML5/CSS experience
- Familiarity with SPFx and Power Platform technologies
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge in enterprise integrations
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.