The Stowers Institute has an opening for an Application Programmer who will work as part of the Application Development team.
- Designing and developing within a custom Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) using test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration principles
- Development and maintenance of applications for storing, tracking, and visualizing laboratory requests and data
- Implementing fixes and improvements based on end-user feedback
- Working with the development team using agile/scrum methodologies to develop and deliver software
- Importantly, the developer will be in a user/customer facing role working directly with users and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience and user training that facilitates positive interactions with for the intranet and team.
Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Minimum requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent experience working in the IT or computer science fields
- Relational database design and development (MySQL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- Experience leading projects and client demos
Additional preferred technical skills include experience with:
- Doctrine ORM
- Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence)
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.