The Stowers Institute has an opening for an Application Programmer who will work as part of the Application Development team.
- Designing and developing within a custom Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) using test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration principles
- Development and maintenance of applications for storing, tracking, and visualizing laboratory requests and data
- Implementing fixes and improvements based on end-user feedback
- Working with the development team using agile/scrum methodologies to develop and deliver software
- Importantly, the developer will be in a user/customer facing role working directly with users and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience.
Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Minimum requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent experience working in the IT or computer science fields
- Relational database design and development (MySQL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
Additional preferred technical skills include experience with:
- Doctrine ORM
- Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence)
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.