Associate Scientist - Histology
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for an Associate Scientist to join our Histology Facility and provide high-quality research histology services to scientific laboratories as needed.
- Operating all equipment/instruments and performing daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Keeping records and experiment logs
- Assisting with lab maintenance, sample triage, processing, embedding, sectioning and staining
- Executing, troubleshooting, and updating existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Providing proficient services with advanced and emerging molecular histology technologies to locate protein and RNA molecules in situ on sections or whole mount samples
- Writing reports, manuscripts and presenting experimental outcomes
It is expected that the candidate will adapt to additional responsibilities which include:
- Actively participating in project discussions
- Providing advice, training and service to collaborative research projects
- Assisting with new technology development within the team
Successful candidates will have the ability to pay close attention to detail, be self-motivated, have a team-oriented approach for customer service, be proficient at problem solving, work independently and creatively, and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum requirements include a Master’s degree in life science or a relevant field, a minimum of one-year hands-on histotechnology experience, and a strong knowledge of basic science research and science project management. Experience in molecular histology techniques such as immunostaining and in situ hybridization is preferred.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.