Infection Prevention Nurse (Part-Time Contractor)
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a part-time Infection Prevention Nurse in our Department of Infection Prevention (DIP). This position will be approximately 10 hours per week, with much of the work being performed from home.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and providing timely responses to questions submitted to the DIP email account
- Reviewing healthcare questionnaire surveys and intervening where needed
- Reviewing COVID-19 test results and reporting back to employees
- Reviewing and scheduling COVID-19 test results for employees who travel or are otherwise exposed
- Assisting with mandatory COVID-19 testing days and occupational health screenings
- Assisting in creating and reviewing protocols from the DIP
- Maintaining HIPPA and confidentiality standards in all communications
In addition to excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently, the successful candidate will be familiar with outlook email, Microsoft office products, and have the ability to learn and operate ServiceNow software.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree or higher and both HIPPA and human subjects research training. Experience in infectious disease, emergency medicine, and/or ICU is preferred.