The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a laboratory manager in the Zeitlinger Lab to assist with scientific experiments and organization, maintenance, and compliance in the laboratory.
- Performing experiments using a variety of techniques and model organisms as are relevant to lab scope and need
- Organizing laboratory resources to increase functionality of the lab
- Assisting with maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Researching, ordering, evaluating, and demonstrating lab equipment and providing justification for purchase when needed
- Performing or arranging for maintenance of laboratory equipment as necessary
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of laboratory consumables
- Interacting with lab representatives and/or representatives of collaborative groups and voices concerns/disseminates information as needed
- Drafting and updating protocols or SOPs
- Assisting in other elements of laboratory management as requested by supervisor
Additional responsibilities may include maintaining current laboratory budget status, performing laboratory safety compliance checks, and organizing or analyzing data/create databases for organizational purposes.
In addition to excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively lead by example, the successful candidate will have a highly developed level of attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
Minimum requirements include a BS degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a science related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a research laboratory with demonstrated ability of leadership and responsibility.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and 2 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.