Materials Management Coordinator
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Materials Management Coordinator. This position will aid with purchasing and receiving activities in a highly automated, multicompany environment.
- Procuring supplies, materials, equipment, and services as required for all Institute departments
- Assisting in Scientific Vending area with monitoring and ordering stock, and ensuring that end-users have available products as needed
- Processing purchase requisitions
- Compiling data for and producing reports outlining purchases and overdue items
- Maintaining current knowledge of new products and market trends
- Maintaining effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ensuring that materials received are accurately inspected, received, and delivered in a cost effective and timely manner
- Assisting with off-loading supplies and equipment
- Staging and delivering items to appropriate departments or laboratories
- Sorting, collecting, and delivering mail
- Resolving receiving discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be able to maintain a high level of attention to detail, be able to show a demonstrated record of successful customer service, have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and prior experience with computerized purchasing and receiving systems.
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent and at least two-years’ experience in purchasing and two years’ experience in receiving and distribution or a similar area. A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is highly preferred.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.