Research Technician - Genome Engineering
The Genome Engineering Team has an opening for a full-time Research Technician to provide high-quality genome engineering services to scientific laboratories at the Stowers Institute.
- Performing PCR
- DNA and RNA purification and quantification
- Fragment-assembly cloning
- Cell culture work
- Use of Excel and online tools to track project information
- Use sequence analysis software to:
- Design primers
- Select guideRNA target sites
- Build homologous recombination constructs
- Annotate genomic features
- Analyze data
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, the ability to pay close attention to details, superior written and verbal communication skills, a good aseptic technique and be motivated to work independently while still working together as a team.
Minimum requirements include an undergraduate degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, genetics, or other relevant field and prior experience in a laboratory setting.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.