Research Technician - Histology
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Research Technician to join our Histology Facility and provide high-quality research histology services to scientific laboratories as needed.
- Triaging samples received into the facility
- Preparing samples including receipt, fixation, processing, embedding, slide preparation, microtomy and staining
- Operating and maintaining histology prep and ancillary equipment
- Collecting and disposing properly of hazardous waste
- Providing general laboratory assistance to other Histology team members
- Maintaining machine fluid levels
- Ordering and maintaining accurate levels of supplies
- Providing assistance on common use equipment
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently, the successful candidate will be familiar with basic biology, anatomy and/or chemistry, and knowledge of general laboratory procedure.
Minimum requirements include an Associate’s Degree in biology or a relevant field, HT (ASCP) or VMT certification, two years’ experience in Histology, and previous research experience.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.