The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Research Technician to join the Jaspersen Lab. The lab is looking for a highly motivated individual wishing to participate in cutting-edge biomedical research, specifically in the areas of cell biology and genetics.
The lab uses yeast and other fungi as primary models and the chosen candidate will participate in research involving one or more of the following techniques: molecular biology, cell biology, genetics/genomics, biochemistry, electron microscopy, and histology. The lab is excited to consider candidates from all experience levels that meet the minimum requirements.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting senior scientists in performing a wide variety of research experiments using advanced equipment or techniques
- Individuals will have opportunities to perform independent research projects as they gain experience
- Collecting, evaluating, and interpreting research data
- Developing new and innovate procedures to reach objectives
- Troubleshooting and training others on laboratory techniques and procedures
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and reagents
- Maintaining laboratory notebook and preparing written or oral progress reports
- Participating in laboratory meetings/planning sessions and reading relevant scientific literature
- Performs other duties as assigned
In addition to outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, candidates should have the ability to learn new techniques and effectively perform tasks independently. Demonstrated experience with analytical, organizational, and/or computer skills are preferred.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, cell biology, genetics, or other similar field. Qualified candidates must also have some general laboratory experience in molecular biology and biochemistry.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.