Senior Financial Analyst
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst. This position will provide financial analysis, reporting and planning for various groups within the Institute. The candidate will be a key member of the finance team reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Treasurer.
- Serving as the finance lead for the Institute’s core facilities and other operating budgets
- Preparing annual budgets, forecasts and operating plans in consultation with budget owners
- Compilation of financial data and analyzing trends in areas such as expense, headcount, revenue and capital spending
- Preparing and presenting monthly and quarterly financial review package to management
- Completing month-end review of results to ensure accuracy
- Performing long-range financial modeling and analysis
- Analyzing investment portfolio
- Performing fee analysis and contract review for third-party banking and investment providers
- Assisting in managing the debt component of the capital structure
- Treasury liaison for the Institute for operating needs
- Preparing moderate to complex ad-hoc analytical reports
The successful candidate will be a team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude. The candidate will have the capability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner while also having the ability to work independently. Candidates should demonstrate solid problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement. The chosen candidate will be required to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis with a high level of attention to detail. Qualified candidates will demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and 4-6 years of finance experience. An MBA or advanced degree and prior treasury experience is preferred. Advanced experience with Excel, significant experience with ERP and EPM applications, knowledge of GAAP, and prior experience with creating and utilizing sophisticated databases for analysis are all favored.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and 2 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.