The Stowers Institute has an opening for an application developer on the ServiceNow team to provide expertise around development of new features and applications for ServiceNow that will serve the needs of the IT department and the wider organization’s business processes.
The developer will work under the direction of the developer within a software development life cycle framework (Agile) to participate in the planning and prioritization of work within the ServiceNow team’s sprint cycle.
While not the primary responsibility, the individual will sometimes work in a user/customer facing role and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience and user training that facilitates positive interactions with the ServiceNow system and team.
- Developing applications and features for the ServiceNow platform
- Developing interfaces between ServiceNow and external systems (data warehouse and MDM, LIMS, SharePoint/365)
- Maintaining and developing service portal widgets using AnglarJS / Bootstrap 3
- Using service-oriented architecture do develop web services integrations (SOAP, REST)
- Maintaining administrator documentation as well as user facing documentation for the platform
- Creating and managing service catalog items and workflows to meet the needs of the organization
- Managing test plans for new or modified features
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field OR at least 1-3 years’ experience working in the IT or computer science fields AND:
Additional Preferred Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with LDAP, AD, ADFS
- 1-3 years’ experience working in web development or related discipline
- Familiarity with Change, Problem and Incident management
- Experience working within the Agile software development framework
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.