ServiceNow System Administrator
The Stowers Institute has an opening for a ServiceNow System Administrator to provide expertise around the daily operation, maintenance and development of ServiceNow serving the needs of both the IT department and the organization at large.
Additionally, the administrator will work under the direction of the developer within a software development life cycle framework (Agile) to participate in the planning and prioritization of work within the ServiceNow team’s sprint cycle.
Importantly, the administrator will be in a user/customer facing role working directly with users and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience and user training that facilitates positive interactions with the ServiceNow system and team.
- Frontline troubleshooting of ServiceNow related incidents
- Building reporting dashboards
- Making routine changes to workflows and working with CMDB configuration items
- Building catalog items
- Creating and configuring user groups and roles as well as table access rules
- Creating and configuring Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each
- Creating and configuring Notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc. in ServiceNow
- Coordinating and performing application and platform upgrades
- Loading, manipulating and maintaining data between ServiceNow and other systems
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field OR at least 1-3 years’ experience working in the IT or computer science fields.
Additional Preferred Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and web services integrations (SOAP, REST, WSDL)
- Familiarity with LDAP, AD, ADFS
- ServiceNow system administrator certification
- 1-3 years’ experience working in ServiceNow as a technician (minimal) or administrator (preferred)
- Knowledge of ITSM and CMDB concepts
- Familiarity with Change, Problem and Incident management
- Experience working within the Agile software development framework
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.