The Stowers Institute has an opening for a Systems Administrator. This individual will focus on the management of the Apple infrastructure while also having a familiarity and capability of managing other platforms/services within Windows and Linux. This position’s primary function will be to assist with the deployment of Apple products using Jamf and Azure Intune and will require testing, documenting, effectively communicating and training downstream support team members. Continuous monitoring of emerging technologies in these areas and being able to recommend improvements for deployment and end-user experiences are paramount.
- Support endpoint solutions using Jamf and Intune configuration policies for all different types of hardware form factors.
- Support Apple integration with Authentication services such as Active Directory, ADFS, Kerberos, 802.1xSCEP, and NoMad/Jamf Connect.
- Effectively planning and executing projects such as system upgrades, application deployments, patching, and/or configuration changes.
- Maintain appropriate records within for Asset Management and Configuration Items within ServiceNow.
- Automation of Tasks using one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Provide advanced troubleshooting support for Desktop support team.
- Assist other systems administrators with various tasks and/or projects for both Apple and Windows platforms.
- Recommend, install, and interconnect hardware both at the endpoint and data center levels.
In addition to excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to function in a team-oriented environment, the successful candidate will have excellent technical documentation practices, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and the ability to handle and complete multiple projects effectively.
Successful candidates will have experience in Apple programs (such as DEP and VPP), MDM Profile management and deployment, Bash scripting language, and testing/installing/updating macOS, security patches, updates, application drivers and system security tools.
Minimum requirements include a degree in a relevant field or 3-5 years experience with Systems Administration in Apple Deployment as well as Windows Domain Services.
Experience with additional scripting languages (shell, python, etc), a Microsoft Active Directory Environment (specifically Kerberos and machine certificate 802.1x), Cloud services (Office 365, Azure, AWS), Endpoint Protection products (Sentinel One/Carbon Black/TrendMicro), iPad Kiosk and ATV management/deployment, NetSUS and Update Cache servers, ServiceNow and/or a Jamf pro Certification 100-400 are all preferred.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City , MO 64110