Research Specialist - REQID0002140
Biochemistry and Microbiology
Job ID: REQID0002140
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Research Specialist in Sankari Lab to drive various projects studying plant-microbe interactions.
- Performing biochemical and microbiological experiments to understand plant-microbe interactions
- Leading lab efforts on advanced molecular genetic techniques and multi-omic approaches (RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, proteomics)
- Training new laboratory members in techniques and protocols
- Assisting with maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Assisting with writing and editing grants as needed
- Assisting in other elements of laboratory management as requested by supervisor
Additional responsibilities may include performing laboratory safety compliance checks, maintaining chemical inventory and waste management, and organizing or analyzing data for organizational purposes.
Successful candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to lead a project both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. Attention to detail, tenacity, and the ability to multitask effectively are highly valued.
- A MS or PhD degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Plant Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a research laboratory with demonstrated ability of leadership and responsibility
- Experience in bioinformatics and handling big data is a plus
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit the requested documents to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current CV
- Cover Letter
- At least 2 letters of recommendation will be requested after initial screening process