Research Technician III - REQID0002048
Job ID: REQID0002048
The Stowers Institute has an opening for Research Technician III in the Cytometry core facility. The selected candidate will regularly participate in tasks associated with dependent and collaborative science research and occasionally participate in independent scientific research projects. This includes the coordination of use of equipment and services, the operation of complex/complicated instrumentation, performance of routine but complex instrument maintenance, and equipment/instrument repairs.
- Execution and troubleshooting of simple and intermediate SOPs
- Keen technical intuition and capability
- Perform routine equipment/instrument operation and maintenance
- Keep and record information
- Quickly learn and then perform majority of daily duties with minimal supervision
- It is expected that the candidate’s skills will grow quickly as they adapt to the responsibilities to include expectations of higher proficiency in increasingly more complex tasks. It is not required to have prior cytometric experience.
In addition to excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to function in a team-oriented environment, the successful candidate will regularly work with external partners as technical collaborators. The candidate will give, receive, and implement advice/feedback, teach/train others, present at seminars and training sessions, and negotiate facility goals.
- Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of basic science research and experimental design
- The ability to follow and perform all basic SOPs at a proficient level
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency when carrying out experiments
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit the requested documents to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110
- Current CV
- Cover Letter