Research Technician - REQID0002117
Reptile & Aquatics |
Job ID: REQID0002117
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a full-time Research Technician in the Cavefish Facility.
- Providing routine care and husbandry of Cavefish including feeding, water exchanges, cleaning, monthly tasks, and health monitoring.
- Developing and modifying standard operating procedures and practices which promote high-quality, cost-effective operation of the facility.
- Interacting with faculty, staff, researchers, and other teams to provide high quality, responsive animal care services.
- Monitoring supply and equipment inventory to sustain day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining accurate records including room logs, health reports, animal census, and other records as required.
- Preparing for all regulatory inspections.
Prior experience with aquatic animals and a basic understanding of system maintenance relating to aquaculture systems is preferred. Weekend and Holiday work will be required.
- Associates degree in any of the life sciences (e.g., animal science, biology, microbiology, aquaculture).
- Basic computer skills and a working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work closely with other team members.
Submit the requested documents to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter