Research Technician - REQID0002189
Job ID: REQID0002189
The Özel Lab at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research is seeking multiple highly motivated research technicians wishing to participate in projects investigating the gene regulatory networks that control neuronal cell fate and circuit formation during brain development. Please visit the Özel Lab Website for more information.
Successful candidates will have ample training opportunities, including in a variety of experimental techniques such as Drosophila genetics, molecular cloning, single-cell sequencing, fluorescent in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, and confocal imaging. The Stowers Institute offers a nationally competitive compensation and benefits package.
• Performing experiments and analyzing data under the supervision of Dr. Özel.
• Maintenance of laboratory equipment and reagents.
• Participating in lab meetings and reading relevant scientific literature.
• Motivated individuals will have opportunities to become co-authors on research articles and perform independent projects as they gain experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of science, including but not limited to neuroscience, molecular biology and genetics.
• Laboratory experience in any field of life sciences. Experience in molecular cloning, Drosophila genetics or microscopy is especially welcome but not required.
• Analytical, organizational, and computer skills.
• Motivation and ability to learn new techniques and perform tasks independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Current CV/Resume
- Statement of research experience and career goals
- 2-3 letters of recommendation will also be requested if considered for the position.