Research Technician - REQID0002200
Job ID: REQID0002200
The Sankari lab at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research is seeking a highly motivated Research Technician wishing to participate in research on plant-microbe interactions. The project focuses on how host peptides can modulate microbial metabolism.
To learn more about our lab and the PI, please visit the Sankari Lab Website.
- Perform experiments using modern techniques related to microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics.
- Occasionally grow and maintain plants in a growth chamber.
- Purify proteins and peptides.
- Record and track experimental data.
- Maintain and organize microbial stocks.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and reagents.
- Participating in laboratory meetings, journal clubs and reading relevant scientific literature.
- Motivated individuals will have opportunities to perform independent research projects as they gain experience.
Training will be provided to help the selected candidate grow their skills in these areas.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in an appropriate field of science, which includes, but is not limited to, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry and biology.
- General laboratory experience in molecular biology, biochemistry and microbiology.
- Experience in working with microbes, proteins and/or plants is a plus.
- Analytical, organizational, and computer skills
- Motivation and ability to learn new techniques and perform tasks independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Motivation to contribute to publications.
To apply, please submit the Requested Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110
- A current CV
- Cover Letter
- At least 2 letters of recommendation/references will be needed after initial screening of candidates.