Research Technician - REQID0002205
Job ID: REQID0002205
The Zanders lab at Stowers Institute for Medical Research is seeking a highly motivated Research Technician wishing to participate in research on genetic parasites, sexual reproduction, and genome evolution. The lab uses fungal species as model systems and uses genetics, imaging, and biochemical approaches. This position represents an excellent opportunity for recent graduates looking to gain research experience prior to applying to graduate school. Training will be provided to help the selected candidate grow their skills.
To learn more about our lab and the PI, please visit the Zanders Lab Website.
- Perform experiments using modern techniques related to microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics.
- Record and track experimental data.
- Maintain and organize microbial stocks.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and reagents.
- Participate in laboratory meetings and journal clubs and read relevant scientific literature.
- Motivated individuals will have opportunities to perform independent research projects as they gain experience.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in an appropriate field of science, which includes, but is not limited to, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, and biology.
- General laboratory experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology. Classroom experience is sufficient for motivated candidates.
- Analytical, organizational, and computer skills
- Motivation and ability to learn new techniques and perform tasks independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Motivation to contribute to publications.
To apply, please submit the Requested Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110
- A current CV
- Cover Letter
- At least 2 letters of recommendation/references will be needed after initial screening of candidates.