Research Technician / Specialist / Coordinator - REQID0002193
Job ID: REQID0002193
The Zeitlinger Lab at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a Research Technician or Specialist. The lab uses cutting-edge genomics approaches in combination with deep learning to study how gene regulation is encoded in DNA sequence. The projects are highly collaborative and interdisciplinary and use both the fly and mouse as model systems. The long-term goal is to decode regulatory information and genetic variation in the human genome, which is key to revolutionize medicine. We look for a highly motivated individual with great organization skills, attention to detail, and a passion for working in teams and solving complex problems.
- The responsibilities and leadership opportunities in the role will vary and progressively increase based on the candidate’s level of experience and education.
- Coordinate, support, and/or lead team projects through organization and communication
- Candidates may contribute to and/or support individual research projects in the lab through experiments and literature insights
- Manage collaborations with the Technology Centers
- Prepare and/or optimize genomics libraries for next-gen sequencing
- Organize and maintain lab reagents and equipment
- Generate tissue culture cells and fly cages for large-scale experiments
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field
- Candidates with Masters or Ph.D. degrees in biology or a related field are encouraged to apply and their level of experience will be considered when deciding title and responsibilities
- At least 5 years of experience in a molecular biology or biochemistry lab
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to follow, trouble shoot, and/or optimize new protocols
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, ability to multitask and get things done
Experience with CRISPR techniques, fly work, next-gen sequencing libraries, fluid handling robots or genomic data analysis (UNIX, R) is a plus.
Please submit the Requested Documents to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current CV
- Cover Letter
- At least 2 or 3 letters of recommendations will be needed after the initial screening of candidates