Scientist I - REQID0002071
Job ID: REQID0002071
The Electron and Light Microscopy and/or Histology Technology Center at the Stowers Institute has an opening for a Scientist I position to provide scientific support to Stowers PI labs. The primary role of this position is to collaborate with members of the Stowers PI labs to advance our scientific research by designing/executing immunohistochemistry and other immnuo-staining related projects (both light and electron microscopy based). The selected candidate will be expected to discuss scientific projects with lab members, train and assist them in performing the experiments, analyze the results and prepare publishable figures. In addition, candidates are expected to develop and optimize new techniques and protocols as necessary.
- Collaborating with Stowers PI lab members or other core members to perform experimental design, immuno-staining (light and electron microscopy based), image acquisition (if needed), data interpretation and figure preparation.
- Providing advice, training, and assisting PI lab members on other histology and EM related techniques, including tissue embedding, sectioning, DNA and RNA FISH, advanced EM labeling (Click chemistry, or APEX2 based).
- Adapting and developing new and emerging molecular histology and EM technologies.
- Staying updated in the field of histology and EM through literature reading, conferences and workshops.
- Assisting with development of internal courses and workshops to Stowers trainees.
- A PhD in biology, cell biology, developmental biology, chemistry or related field, or 8+ years of experience in histology, microscopy or related field.
- Demonstrated publication record in applying immunofluorescence-based microscopy or in other histology/EM methods.
- Extensive experience with immuno-staining techniques, such as immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and/or immuno-EM.
- Experience in modern imaging techniques is not critical, but is highly preferred.
- Tissue processing/sectioning and other histotechnology or electron microscopy experience is desired, but it’s not required.
- Strong communication/presentation skills
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110
- Current CV
- One Page Cover Letter