The Molecular Biology Facility supports investigators in their research endeavors by providing high quality services, collaborative project potential and access to state of the art technology. Current routine services include DNA sequencing, site-directed mutagenesis, genome engineering (TALENs & CRISPRS), plasmid preparations and distributing clones/vectors from our in house collections. We also support real time quantitative PCR through instrument training, troubleshooting and experimental design.
Stowers researchers also have access to the latest Illumina Next Generation Sequencing technology within our facility. We construct libraries, perform sequencing and assist with high-throughput genome-sequencing, RNA-seq and ChIP-seq projects.
We utilize liquid handling and colony manipulation robots to automate many of our services and improve quality. In addition, we provide automation expertise and collaborate with researchers on custom automation projects.
- ABI 3730 DNA Analyzers (2)
- Biomek® FX Liquid Handling Robots (2)
- Tecan Freedom EVO Liquid Handling Robot
- Qpix2 Colony Picking Robot
- Singer RoTor HDA robot
- CAS 4200 PCR Setup Robot
- QIAgility PCR Setup Robot
- Caliper Sciclone NGS-x liquid handling workstation
- ABI 7500 Real Time System
- ABI 7900HT Real Time System
- Maxwell 16 Instrument for nucleic acid and protein purification
- Caliper Labchip 90 System
- Agilent BioAnalyzer
- Agilent Array Scanner
- Illumina HiSeq 2500
- Illumina MiSeq
- BenchPro 2100 Plasmid Purification System
- Spectramax M2e Microplate reader
- Matrical Bioscience SonicMan Plate Sonicator
- MJ Research Tetrad® Thermocyclers (4)