The Screening team assists Stowers scientists with experiments that test large numbers of molecules or conditions, including high-throughput chemical and genomic screens as well as high-throughput biological assays using advanced high-content imaging and robotic liquid handling platforms.
The Screening Facility is a state-of-the-art laboratory that performs high-throughput screening of genomic (cDNA and siRNA) and compound libraries. The Screening team assists researchers with the development of biologically relevant assays using current as well as novel technologies to perform primary, secondary, and counter-screens that identify molecules or proteins modulating their biological endpoint. Numerous assay endpoints are supported in small microtiter formats (96, 384, and 1536 wells) including: high-content imaging, fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, time-resolve fluorescence, luminescence, alphascreen, and absorbance. In addition, the screening team assists researchers with high-throughput biology projects to miniaturize and automate bench-level techniques, in order to increase the number of samples and/or replicates analyzed, thereby increasing reproducibility and decreasing the cost per sample and assay time.
- PerkinElmer Janus G3 Automated Workstation with 96 and 384w heads and Varispan 8-channel pipetting arm with stackers
- PerkinElmer Opera Phenix high content imager with environmental chamber integrated with a robotic arm to transfer plates from a Liconic 44 plate live cell incubator.
- PerkinElmer Operetta high content imager with environmental chamber
- Hudson Platecrane Ex integrated with a Hudson automated barcode printer, plate carousel and Alps 3000 heat sealer
- PerkinElmer Envision multimodal plate readers
- Tecan Spark plate reader with environmental chamber
- Tecan Infinity plate reader
- Biotek Multiflo liquid dispenser with peristaltic pump and syringe injection systems
- Integra Viafill liquid dispenser for 96w, 384w and 1536w plates
- Biotek EL405 plate washer and dispenser