The predoctoral research program of The Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research stresses critical thinking and the rapid development of experimental prowess.
- Previous research experience: We seek out applicants with strong records of research as undergraduates and postgraduates, as demonstrated through the summary of research submitted with the application, mentors’ recommendation letters, and any publications.
- Strong scientific background: The majority of entering predoctoral researchers will have a solid background in modern molecular biology and biochemistry. We also encourage applications from candidates who want to enter the biological sciences and have majored in mathematics, physics, chemistry, or computer science.
- Education requirement: All applicants are required to have obtained a bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent as a prerequisite for admission.
The Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research recruits both U.S. and international predoctoral researchers.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
How do I apply?
The application deadline has now passed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- A completed online application form:
- Biographical information and demographic information
- Educational background
- Detailed summary of one to two undergraduate or post-bachelor's degree research project(s)
- List of publication(s) on which the applicant is an author (if any) with a description of their contribution to the paper
- Description of a current scientific problem relevant to the research of a Stowers Institute principal investigator that is of significant interest to the applicant. This research can be found at www.stowers.org/research/scientists
- Candidate statement about themselves
- Description of any additional relevant research experience
- Contact information for three references
- Transcript(s) from all post-high school institutions
- We DO NOT require additional test scores (GRE, TOEFL, etc.). If you have them, you may enter test scores in the “Standardized Tests” section or mark “I am not adding any standardized tests.” The admissions committee does not consider these scores when making admissions decisions.
- We do not require you to calculate your Grade point average (GPA).
- There is NO application fee.
Frequently Asked Questions are answered in the Admissions FAQ section. After reviewing this section, if further information is needed, contact us at email@example.com.
After further review by the Admissions Committee and a possible virtual interview, the applicants under consideration are invited to visit the Stowers Institute for Medical Research to participate in a thorough interview process in February. Each interview consists of the applicant making a brief scientific presentation to faculty members, meeting individually with faculty members, touring the Stowers Institute, and meeting with predoctoral researchers. Travel and accommodations for all interviewees is arranged and paid for by The Graduate School.
Following the interviews, the Admissions Committee chooses the selected candidates. All decisions will be announced by April 15.