Postdoctoral Research Associate - REQID0002129
Developmental & Computational Neurobiology
Job ID: REQID0002129
The Özel Lab at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research has openings for postdoctoral researchers to pursue independent projects investigating the gene regulatory networks that control neuronal cell fate and circuit formation in developing Drosophila brains. The lab combines a variety of cutting-edge experimental and computational techniques including single-cell RNA and ATAC sequencing (multiomics), CRISPR genome editing, deep learning, network modeling, confocal and two-photon live imaging. Please visit the Özel Lab Website for more information.
Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and creative individuals who are able to leverage the latest experimental and computational technology to develop new research directions reflecting their own interests related to brain development. The lab and the research community at the Stowers Institute, which includes technology centers and core facilities staffed by over 100 scientists, provide a collegial and highly supportive environment to help implement innovative research directions and technologies. The Institute offers a nationally competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as excellent career development support and resources for postdoctoral fellows.
- A doctoral degree in the life sciences, computer science, or related field.
- Experience in molecular and/or developmental biology, genomics, microscopy and Drosophila genetics is desirable but not required.
- Experience in programming, high-throughput data analysis or in vivo calcium imaging is especially welcome.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work both independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment is essential for this role.
- Current CV
- Statement of research interests and experience
- Contact information of 2-3 professional references